AP

braids

Air Pump for 125 Gallon  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Preference? Please comment why below.

• Tetra Whisper AP150 $35.00
    • Fluval Q2 $29.00

Haven't tried fluval air pumps, but currently have a tetra whisper 40 supplying my 2 sponge filters in my 100g mosnter tank, and it does the work alright! No excessive noise and both sponges got uniform air supply, even though one is farther away from the pump. Previously from this tank, I had been using it in a 40g Breeder to supply a ziss moving media filter and a sponge filter, for over 1 year, no issues at all. I recommend it!

13.jpg

Edited by HenryC

2 minutes ago, HenryC said:

Haven't tried fluval air pumps, but currently have a tetra whisper 40 supplying my 2 sponge filters in my 100g mosnter tank, and it does the work alright! No excessive noise and both sponges got uniform air supply, even though one is farther away from the pump. I recommend it!

I have the Tetra Whisper 20 on my 20 long and it is quiet - its the blue kind of arched style pump. The 150 doesn't have that design so I don't know if the quiet translates or not. But I am inclined towards the Tetra because of that reason, but you know how different product lines can be vastly different...

Thanks for your reply!

• 3 months later...