Guppy tank

Phillip

On 8/6/2021 at 12:04 PM, Patrick_G said:

My Guppies seem to thrive and breed in 10 degrees GH. TDS measures everything in the water, GH measures Calcium and Magnesium. 

Thanks. I guess that means I should be fine, right?

On 8/6/2021 at 1:51 PM, Patrick_G said:

I think so but. @Guppysnail, what do you think? 

On 8/6/2021 at 1:51 PM, Patrick_G said:

I think so but. @Guppysnail, what do you think? 

You should be just fine maybe low gh. Keep an eye on your ph not going to low. Guppies are easy, forgiving and adaptable. I never mess with chemistry in my water if things go astray I water change through it.  Chemicals frighten me to be honest. I just have never learned enough about using them to feel safe. You may want to Drop in a wondershell to increase calcium and magnesium for hardness they love it. Below 200 gh they don’t do well for me. When it’s dissolved i throw another one in It is real difficult to go to high or hard for guppies unless it’s extreme. I’m fortunate liquid rock comes from my hose faucet but they still seem to like wondershells. Good luck keep us updated. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, Guppysnail said:

You should be just fine maybe low gh. Keep an eye on your ph not going to low. Guppies are easy, forgiving and adaptable. I never mess with chemistry in my water if things go astray I water change through it.  Chemicals frighten me to be honest. I just have never learned enough about using them to feel safe. You may want to Drop in a wondershell to increase calcium and magnesium for hardness they love it. Below 200 gh they don’t do well for me. When it’s dissolved i throw another one in It is real difficult to go to high or hard for guppies unless it’s extreme. I’m fortunate liquid rock comes from my hose faucet but they still seem to like wondershells. Good luck keep us updated. 

Great, thanks! I have some wonder shells, I’ll throw one in and see what it does. 

• Like 1