Could Anyone ID This Flowerhorn?

JoshStover

I took my 7 year old daughter to our LFS to sell her Mutt Guppies and mystery snails this weekend and she got this little guy as partial payment. I do not keep Cichlids other than angels so I have no clue what variety of Flowerhorn it is. She’s completely obsessed with him already and named him Pete. Once out of quarantine he’ll go to a 29 gallon grow out then a 75 in the living room. An ID of what variety and any Flowerhorn pro tips would be much appreciated! 

C8937BE1-56B6-4F31-B0E7-E7D50E459E27.png

I know nothing of breeds of flowerhorn, but I can tell you they are quite personable fish that will absolutely prove to be interesting interior designers. Anything you dont want moved in the aquarium should be heavily weighted. They are incredible diggers, so providing lots of substrate to move stimulates them. They are a fish that struggles with boredom and depression.

I always recommend with intelligent fish to get neutral buoyancy bobs at a fishing supply store, one that cannot fit in it's mouth. They love playing with these things. 

I think that the males can sometimes get infections or rub their bulbous head raw, so as an adult, if it's male you will want to watch out for those behaviors.

• Love 1