Other sites copying product descriptions from the Co-op site

sudofish

So I was looking in to the Xtreme line of foods and I came across a site I hadn't heard of before so I visited. Under the Xtreme Krill flakes they have copy pasted the product description from the Co-ops site right down to the "I've personally been using this flake food with my livebearers and they love it." line at the end. It's none of my business and I don't know the legalities but that didn't seem like a manufacturer provided description, though maybe I'm wrong on that as well. Apologies if I'm out of line here just thought maybe I'd give a heads up.

Here's the link if anybody from the Co-op is interested in checking it out:

https://www.supercichlids.com/products/xtreme-krill-flakes

• Confused 1

On 7/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, sudofish said:

So I was looking in to the Xtreme line of foods and I came across a site I hadn't heard of before so I visited. Under the Xtreme Krill flakes they have copy pasted the product description from the Co-ops site right down to the "I've personally been using this flake food with my livebearers and they love it." line at the end. It's none of my business and I don't know the legalities but that didn't seem like a manufacturer provided description, though maybe I'm wrong on that as well. Apologies if I'm out of line here just thought maybe I'd give a heads up.

Need to do an @Cory to draw his attention and see if it’s something that needs to be addressed or not.

• Administrators

I think this lends to their credibility, if they are copying descriptions. You can’t really take anything they say from their own experience. We are copied daily by lots of companies. We focus on moving forward with new projects and trying to innovate instead of spending that time to police what we’ve already done.  It’ll all work itself out in the end.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:20 PM, sudofish said:

Weird coincidence, but I’ve actually been to this store. Super well taken care of tanks. Got some red wag platys from them.