Deep Blue Tanks

Voltron

Anyone have any clue what happened to this company. I loved deep Blue tanks. I have asked my local fish store who used to carry them and they are mum on the subject. Web Site is still up. When I contact customer service I never get reply. Looking to purchase a 120 gallon tank from them. If anyone knows it would be helpful. Thanks for looking and commenting on my post. I am new on this forum.

Edited by Voltron

A few years ago I bought some 10g tanks from my LFS, and one of them had a deep blue label covered by a Seapora label.  After that, I always just assumed that they were owned or manufactured by the same company. 

• Like 1

I like those tanks and bought out a local store when I found out that they going away. My rimmed units are labeled Aquarium Masters. Now they seem to be back under the Seapora brand, and they are back at a different local pet store. I have also seen them in an Aquarium Co-Op warehouse video tour.

I can’t find a Seapora site, but this is Aquarium Masters:

http://www.aquariumindustrial.com

• Like 1

3 fish stores I went to said they are different tanks.  One the main stores I go to in South Florida are Marks Ark. They used to carry them and said they think they closed. In same breath they said they stopped carrying their tanks 2017-18 and went to seapora.  I would think if they carried a tank for 10 plus years they would have idea what happened to one there tank supplier. Stated in post that their website is still up. Very odd?  Appreciate the reply Rob. I will check out aquarium Masters.

Edited by Voltron

I could be wrong, but they looked identical except for the printing on the cardboard packaging, but even that was fairly similar. They seemed to have the same low-iron glass, black silicone, and identical size offerings.

I have an idea. Maybe Aquarium Masters makes the tanks, and Deep Blue packaged, marketed, and distributed them in the USA. Seapora showed an address in Canada when I was searching.

Perhaps Seapora was playing the same role as Deep Blue, but in Canada, but now also distributes in the US, when some sort of exclusivity contract expired.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First topic is Aquarium Masters: I called probably more than 20 times and finally I called 11pm my time got a very nice gentleman. Truthfully I was in shock someone answered. Person informed me that they build and ship tanks all over the USA and over seas . A Lot of what they build is smaller tanks under 40 gallons. Target is one companies they ship to as  well as Walmart. I asked if they ship to small retailers. He stated that mostly it is to large retail stores that he knows of. Does not mean that some tanks could be theirs with different labels.

Deep Blue is closed.  I spoke to the owner of Marks Ark and not his employee's this time and the owner of another pet shop near me that sold deep blue tanks as well. Both owners told me that supposedly they sold all their supplies and tank manufacturing  to Seapora. Their tanks are pretty much deep blue tanks with a new label.  The tank build quality is nearly identical.  Needless to say my 120 is going to be Seapora. Also when I spoke with Aquarium Masters. I asked him if he heard of deep blue tanks. He said yes and said they built a very top rated tank for their time.  He also stated that it was one products that was looked at when they started producing their tanks if his memory served him right.  That was interesting in itself to hear.  Took quite sometime to gather that knowledge.  Hope this helps someone.  What I learned is if you are buying a tank from general retail store in 2021. Seapora is the way to go for name brand tank anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep I can confirm Deep Blue is now Seapora. I had an issue trying to source an identical cube tank last year as I was after another that had the black silicon, per digging and working with a LFS the owner got a hold of the distributor that let him know that Seapora had bought the Deep Blue line. 

On 9/16/2021 at 2:36 PM, Tihshho said:

Yep I can confirm Deep Blue is now Seapora. I had an issue trying to source an identical cube tank last year as I was after another that had the black silicon, per digging and working with a LFS the owner got a hold of the distributor that let him know that Seapora had bought the Deep Blue line. 

Thanks for valuable input. The gentleman at Aquarium Masters said Sea Pora is top notch also. He was unsure if they bought out Deep Blue but did say they look like a carbon copy. Honestly  ( LOL ) Aquarium Masters tanks look like them too. Super excited for my 120 gallon now. Hopefully I can get black seals for large size of 120 gallon.  I need to look at their  website. Which I have not done yet. I have ordered my bottom stand but it may possibly  be months till I see it. Since everything is back order. In short time I have had my tank. The prices have really gone up. Dam near 600 dollars fore 120 now. It was like 425 before. Thanks again.

Edited by Voltron
Hit send button by mistake.
  • Like 1

Good to know . I am curious if  Corey approached them for their tanks or they solicited him.  I talked to gentleman that worked there is what he stated to me. I said this before that their phone number they have listed just rings and rings. 20 plus calls to get a live person. I never got his rank and serial number.  He could been the Janitor for all I know. Whoever he was he seemed fairly knowledgeable.I can only go by what he said. Perhaps now they are selling to smaller biz and he was unaware of it. I got my questions pretty much verified by TiHSHHO above and the other pet shop owners I spoke too.  Buying a seapora tank since I loved Deep Blue. I looked at Marine Land and when I went on their website . A ton of people had bad reviews on their larger tanks leaking.

Edited by Voltron

• 2 years later...

I'm pretty sure Seapora is just the private label brand for aquarium product distributor Royal Aquatic. Royal Aquatic is the USA wholesale distribution arm of Big Al's pet, and the only remaining division of the company that I'm aware of. My assumption has always been that Aquarium Industrial/Aquarium Masters/AI Incorporated (one company, multiple names) is the manufacturer based in California, although they import a bunch of product from other countries (I believe this is primarily raw material).  I think "AI" manufacturers tank for both their brand "Aquarium Masters" and other brands (Deep Blue and Seapora). That being said I don't know who owned Deep Blue, but they are seemingly gone, although they could've just been owned by "AI" or Royal Aquatic.

My assumption is that a Deep Blue, Aquarium Masters, and Seapora tank are all identical from the same factory.