Python?/Aqueon question

ispud

It worries me to turn off the valve at the tank and let the pressure expand the hose when I fill a tank.  I worry that something is going to come apart.  I bought a ball valve to replace the valve that comes with the Python, for ease of use.  I have tried it out and everything works.  Looking for encouragement to let her rip.  I hate dashing back to the faucet every time I want to move to a different tank.  Also I never know how accurate a fill I am getting without a bunch of back and forth.

Thanks

Jack

Now I could just have really bad luck but I've had 2 pythons and quit using them. They both ended up coming apart when I closed that valve and for no longer than a few seconds. What happened was the hose came apart closer to the faucet end and sprayed water all over the bathroom.

You can use brass fittings instead. Instead of using the plastic T you connect at the faucet I use a quick connect directly to the hose.

IMG_1307.jpeg.8ec8475b33bdc8656338fd2fe8c86e9f.jpegIMG_1308.jpeg.c5529f352e6a21d3676f581151e22787.jpeg

Only thing is you can't siphon your tank with the python if you run it this way.

But if the hose is popping off the barbed end of the hose try taking it apart and cleaning in out. You can also disassemble the plastic side and switch the pieces with the other end of your hose if cleaning doesn't work.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:40 AM, ispud said:

It worries me to turn off the valve at the tank and let the pressure expand the hose when I fill a tank.  I worry that something is going to come apart.  I bought a ball valve to replace the valve that comes with the Python, for ease of use.  I have tried it out and everything works.  Looking for encouragement to let her rip.  I hate dashing back to the faucet every time I want to move to a different tank.  Also I never know how accurate a fill I am getting without a bunch of back and forth.

I put quick connects and valves on mine so I can turn it on and off at the tank. I can also make it any length I want. And I can put different attachment on it for different sized aquariums.

433135928_python3.PNG.20d3d1fe7eb40806fb7c0e649ca133dd.PNG

• Like 2

Never had an issue with the Python and I'm using the brass fittings, and an extension hose. Before I start the Python I usually siphon out four, or five buckets of water I use to clean filter sponges in (which go into the garden after use), and use the gravel vac, I also use an old parks pass card to clean the glass inside the gravel before the Python gets used.