Fluval release UVC In-Line clarifier...thoughts?

Pekitivey

UV will help clear water. I used UV for a while and it helped. Eventually I pulled it out of the system and the aquarium achieved clarity on its own. If you have enough patience eventually water will clear.

The killing/sterilizing of all microscopic life wasn't my goal either. If sterilization is your goal, achieving the correct flow rate is important and can be tricky to get it not too much and not too little.

Not necessary in the long run. It sounds like this only made to target algae and not parasites, diseases, etc. UV for algae and cloudy water is just a band-aid for an imbalance issue. I also don't like the fact that you seemingly can't open it and to clean it or change the bulb. Seems like a disposable product. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 4:46 AM, MickS77 said:

I also don't like the fact that you seemingly can't open it and to clean it or change the bulb. Seems like a disposable product. 

I have to agree. In the comments section of their YouTube announcement Fluval said "Bulb replacement is negated by the bulbs' 30,000 hr. lifespan" 30,000 hrs is a little less than 3.5 years. Seems like a huge waste to me.

• Like 2