Okefenokee Pygmy Sunfish - 12x Fry Found!

Fish Folk

Fish Folk Jr. helped his old man tonight find and catch 12x Okefenokee Pygmy Sunfish fry. The most I'd ever counted at once was seven. This is really exciting, since it means that I can submit these for BAP. Yay! Here's a 30 minute video crammed down to just 2 mins of us catching them all. Had to take just about everything out to find them. I'll bet there's still one bugger in there...

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:09 PM, Fish Folk said:

Fish Folk Jr. helped his old man tonight find and catch 12x Okefenokee Pygmy Sunfish fry. The most I'd ever counted at once was seven. This is really exciting, since it means that I can submit these for BAP. Yay! Here's a 30 minute video crammed down to just 2 mins of us catching them all. Had to take just about everything out to find them. I'll bet there's still one bugger in there...

So cool. I stll need to find 4 more mekong puffer fry from yesterdays fry discovery to get the magic number 10 for BAP. Hopefully your good luck rubs off over here too. Congrats

• Love 1

On 7/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, ARMYVET said:

Its a good thing you have two sons....I could only imagine what would happen if you had daughters!!😲😱

I have three sons . . . still trying for daughters . . . my wife is pretty sure all I've got to offer is boys

On 7/13/2021 at 10:40 AM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

So cool. I stll need to find 4 more mekong puffer fry from yesterdays fry discovery to get the magic number 10 for BAP. Hopefully your good luck rubs off over here too. Congrats

Sending you good vibes here! That would be awesome. Honestly, if your mekong puffers don't normally have that large of a hatch, you might appeal for an exception with your club's BAP coordinator. Sounds like a pretty legit claim to me. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, Fish Folk said:

Sending you good vibes here! That would be awesome. Honestly, if your mekong puffers don't normally have that large of a hatch, you might appeal for an exception with your club's BAP coordinator. Sounds like a pretty legit claim to me. 

Im not entirely sure they have ever been done in captivity before might have a bit of wiggle room there 

• Like 1