warm water shrimps ?

L0opz

I've had a tank running for a few months now with some plants , snails , and fish. once I get a good ammount of algea I really want to get some shrimp ! I've done a lot of research but there's so many different kinds. my only requirement is any shrimp that could live in warmer water temperatures. I would really appreciate any recommendations ! 

My cherry shrimp seem to be doing okay so far in my discus tank (which is 84°F). They have had babies and the babies are growing.

I have also have 2 adults (out of 30) die without obvious cause.

The shrimp have only been in the tank for a little over a month so I don't know yet if this will work well in the long run.

I don't think you will find shrimp much hardier than cherry shrimp.

ShrimpSex.png.ba0d33ae467a4dcefbce6ca884140460.png

• Thanks 1

How warm are you looking? Neocaridina shrimp tend to be very tolerant of water parameters but may struggle at higher temps. Many people keep them in unheated tanks or outdoor tubs because they're generally not bothered unless the temp changes very quickly. I don't think you'd have many issues unless the temp was consistently over 80. That said, shrimp are generally healthier (growing larger, fewer molt issues) in cooler water.

Have you considered dwarf crayfish instead of shrimp? They're a bit larger but in my opinion they're adorable and I love watching them derp around. They also tended to survive in community setups with predators in my experience.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, L0opz said:

I've had a tank running for a few months now with some plants , snails , and fish. once I get a good ammount of algea I really want to get some shrimp ! I've done a lot of research but there's so many different kinds. my only requirement is any shrimp that could live in warmer water temperatures. I would really appreciate any recommendations ! 

What fish are you trying to keep warmer?

Borrowed this.

Oxygen level in fish tank
For example, a freshwater aquarium with a temperature of 75 F can dissolve 8.4 ppm of oxygen. A saltwater tank with a temperature of 82.4 F and a salinity of 15 ppt can dissolve 7.18 of oxygen. The above levels show 100% saturation, the maximum possible. The average saturation in an aquarium is about 70%.