Defeated The Green Algae

Josh

I just wanted to give everyone who offered me advice on my fish tanks a shout out. I beat the green algae. Months of water change after water change led me to a point where I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong. And that was thanks to you guys. I simply wrapped the tank with a black towel. Stopped doing water changes. And after about a week the green water is completely gone.

• Like 6

To add to what @lefty o is saying maybe you could incorporate a midday "nap". I do this so that I can see my tank during my morning and again in the evening without having the lights on too long. In my case the lights are on between 7:45am and 12:45pm and again between 3:00pm and 8:00pm. During the "nap" time they are still getting ambient light from the room so it's not as if they are really in the dark (I figure it mimics a cloudy afternoon or being in a shady portion of the "river"). Perhaps you could come up with a routine that would have your lights off for a while in the afternoon so that they could stay on until 11:30pm or something and you could enjoy the tank when you get home. Anyway, nice job taking care of your algae problem!

• Like 1