Advice on Anubias Nana

About a month ago I got my first Nana, I attached it to a rock, put it in a 5 gallon tank and I dosed it weekly. However, this week they've been slowing dying, I didn't know they needed shade so just today I moved them under some and I have my snails there to clean up the decay.

Can someone help analyze what else could've been the problem and How can I help them recover? I'm using Aquarium all in one fertilizer and I have a plant led light for about 8 hours a day.

IMG_162559476686F.jpg

Is the rhizome rotting? thats the part the roots and leaves come out of for context. I know some anubias don't like being superglued. Also they can go through a melting phase before growing again once they are moved much like crypts

• Like 1

Maybe, 

I have guppies, a cherry barb and Ramhorn snails. I recenlty added snails to help with the decaying plants.

I did see my leaves like a skeleton with its veins...

What brand of Iron should I consider getting? I would buy Aquarium CoOps but I dont want to wait a week...

@Brackon Yes, it looks like thats happening too. I haven't seen any new growth but I did lose all my big beautiful leaves.😞

I would say unless it goes completely to mush just leave it and it may surprise you. I recently found 3 stems of S. repens in my basement that is still alive, long and white from being light starved but still alive in barely any water.

If you think the rhizome is rotting, I would remove the damaged portion, using a sharp knife or razor to cut well back into the solid part of the rhizome and wait.  You might get lucky.  The youngest and largest of my  Nana cuttings is 4x the size of the parent.  It grows in the part of the tank that receives the least amount of non-aquarium (ambient) light

The leaves in the picture  seem to indicate a potassium deficiency.  On my plants I save the best looking of the damaged leaves.  My theory being that if the leaf continues to decay I haven't fixed the problem yet.   It could take weeks to notice any improvement.  The Anubia is slow growing and slow healing

• Like 1