Panda Cory fry care

cornelius85

Hello;

My panda corys are spawning like crazy for the last week . Every morning I wake up to 10-15 eggs stuck to the front glass.

Currently around 15-20 fry hatched and more on the way. 

My question is regarding to feeding theese. I have sera micron as dry food. And it seems like they are taking it. But I also want to supplement their feeding with something else. Tried baby brine shrimp. But I suspect they are not taking it. 

Any suggestions?

20210629_171513.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/6/2021 at 5:30 AM, cornelius85 said:

Hello;

My panda corys are spawning like crazy for the last week . Every morning I wake up to 10-15 eggs stuck to the front glass.

Currently around 15-20 fry hatched and more on the way. 

My question is regarding to feeding theese. I have sera micron as dry food. And it seems like they are taking it. But I also want to supplement their feeding with something else. Tried baby brine shrimp. But I suspect they are not taking it. 

Any suggestions?

20210629_171513.jpg

Congratulations! That’s awesome. Cory babies are the best. They will eat baby brine shrimp, and should have fresh BBS hatched out regularly for them. Sera micron is great too. Here is a breeding video journal / BAP spawning series for Corydoras Aeneus. I suspect the pandas  can be treated much the same...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use the CoOp Easy Fry and Small Fish Food Hikari First Bites. It's actually a mix of the two since I dumped the rest of the Hikari in the CoOp bottle because the Hikari packaging is so hard to use. I've never fed BBS because I think it would have to die and sink to the bottom before they got it, for some reason in my mind that would be harder on water quality.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 9:29 PM, Ken said:

I use the CoOp Easy Fry and Small Fish Food Hikari First Bites. It's actually a mix of the two since I dumped the rest of the Hikari in the CoOp bottle because the Hikari packaging is so hard to use. I've never fed BBS because I think it would have to die and sink to the bottom before they got it, for some reason in my mind that would be harder on water quality.

Thank you,  but I am from Turkey, so CoOp easy fry is not an option for me. And Hikari and their distributors parted ways, so it is not available for the time being. As really fine dry food my only option is sera micron right now. I do not want to feed them with just one food. It would have been nice if they took the brine shrimp as I am hatching everyday for my apisto fry. Someone suggested micro worms but I don't want to deal with smelly cultures.

Congratulations. My panda corys got going like that and never stopped.

I'd try also using whatever dry foods you have crushed up to sufficiently small size in your fingers, the sera, and the live brine. I have even had panda loaches chase down live baby brine in the water column. My preference is to include a small piece of driftwood etc with the hatched fry so they have the oppertunity to eat mulm and associated micro organisms. 

Vinegar eels would probably be excellent in moderation if you had those as a culture. They dont particularly smell and are a pretty long term nearly unlimited culture. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, cornelius85 said:

Thank you,  but I am from Turkey, so CoOp easy fry is not an option for me. And Hikari and their distributors parted ways, so it is not available for the time being. As really fine dry food my only option is sera micron right now. I do not want to feed them with just one food. It would have been nice if they took the brine shrimp as I am hatching everyday for my apisto fry. Someone suggested micro worms but I don't want to deal with smelly cultures.

Turkey! That's cool. I would take the advice above and grind up the best food you can get.

• Thanks 1

I use a coffee grinder to make my own powdered food. I can get an absurdly fine powder using it and custom mix it for whatever fry I'm feeding. I routinely grind up freeze-dried tubifex worms, flake food, granular food, algae wafers, and Repashy powder to make a custom blend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1