Electrical for fish room

Jimmy

On 7/9/2021 at 4:23 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I've used the 2" foam board as divider walls in unfinished parts of the basement.  When moisture was a concern, I caulked between the boards and ran down the seam to seal it.  I'm not sure the foil tape will take paint, but I haven't tried.  It does provide a pretty solid moisture barrier though!  I've also done similar with batting then used the 1" attached to the studs with screws through very large washers to finish (same seam sealing), and then caulked the screws to prevent moisture intrusion.  In that area the moisture is intentionally high (it's a grow room for some high elevation tropical plants and they are misted 3 times a day).  Again, I have not had issues with moisture.  So, I think what you are suggesting in combination with @lefty o's advice can work.  I've done it.  Well, except the paint.  The space is super ugly, but very functional. 

This is good information, you have any pictures as examples? I had it in my head that I would finish with drywall but half inch foam has 4 times the R value and is easier to install, probably won’t be susceptible to moisture and about the same price.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, ARMYVET said:

It was my pleasure to be a help …please don’t hesitate to ask any questions 

Haven’t had the electrician come out yet and not quite sure when he will. Also space isn’t even open yet. Just throwing around ideas. If I was to fixed the spliced 15 amp circuit that runs out to my shop which is on 12 gage wire and scale my project back a bit could I make 15 amps work? Like we are talking two racks of 10s in u shape lit by 5~ 20w shop lights , 400 watt wall heater, 45 watt linear piston air pump and maybe another 150w~ between small dehumidifier and occasional utility pump? That would be half of 80% of the circuit at peak and continuous. We are talking budget room. Is this crazy? You have already given plenty of feed back so I understand that this might be frustrating lol.

Is this too straining on such a small circuit ? Could I pop that 15 amp breaker out and replace with 20 since it’s on 12 gage?

On 7/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, s1_ said:

I would try it and upgrade/expand later if its necessary

I have a few things ahead of the fish room so I’m hoping the electrician reaches out first but I’m just floating ideas. I’m in the planning phase. I don’t need my room to be like anyone elses