Ghost shrimp pygmy cory question

Taco Playz

On 7/5/2021 at 11:37 AM, Taco Playz said:

So I have a 5 gallon with 4 pygmy cories and 5 white clouds. I just added about 8 ghost shrimp most are small but there are like 3 big ones. Will they be able to eat the pygmy cories. Thanks

I don't think so.

• Thanks 1

To breed the ghost shrimp?  Ours have bred fairly well (when we bought them we made sure to pick some that were berried so we knew we had females) -- not prolific enough to sell off or anything but enough to sustain their population in our community tanks.  The baby ghost shrimp are very small and tend to float around in the water column (at least in our experience) unlike baby cherry shirmp who hide.  So your fish may eat them.  But I would say feed them well and provide hiding places, and avoid large water changes.  Also be careful you don't suck them out when you do water changes -- I use airline tubing instead of a regular python in my shrimp tank.  

Ok I normally do water changes in my nano tanks with a clear washed milk carton which serves it purpose. If I were to get some ghost shrimp babies I'm sure I wouldn't get them because of all the guppy babies I have in my 10 gallon guppy fry tank. 

Edited by Taco Playz