Cleaning Aquaclear Filters

Jeff

Anyone have any good tips on cleaning this part on an AC?

A have two of these: one for the filter, one as a back up. When algae builds up, I soak one in a tub of vinegar for a few days, and switch out the other one. This only takes a little portion out. I've tried tiny baby bottle brushes, and that doesn't help a ton either.

Does someone have a DIY fix, or another type of brush that does the trick?

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

Sounds like you're doing the best anyone can with that. For my part, I almost never clean mine. And honestly, I don't worry about algae all that much. If you want to get extreme, you could pour in some Clorox bleach into a pail with water to let it soak. Then rinse off, and put into another pail overnight with _tons_ of liquid dechlorinator (e.g. Prime). That might get it. But I'd honestly not recommend that extreme route.  

• Like 1

Thanks. I kind of figured this was the case. But, wanted to see if someone had some other type of brush that I wasn't aware of.

I don't worry about algae too much either. But, sometimes it looks like there's a crap load of algae part in the first picture, and I worry a little that it will eventually limit the water flow through that part...that's all.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, Jeff said:

These get all the way inside of this piece, and gets it cleaned?

One of my filters is clear and this works for me I do it every week. Try it and you can still return it.