Petco 5 gallon bucket well all 5 gallon buckets

Leo2o915

No it absolutely shouldn't be. It should be the "first tab line down on the side of the bucket" or at least a couple of inches below the top. 

I mitigate this all together with a car wash bucket....it's only 3 gallons, but I have smaller tanks. Car wash bucket has markings. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:29 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

No it absolutely shouldn't be. It should be the "first tab line down on the side of the bucket" or at least a couple of inches below the top. 

I mitigate this all together with a car wash bucket....it's only 3 gallons, but I have smaller tanks. Car wash bucket has markings. 

So the first tab from the bottom part or the top part ? 

On 6/17/2021 at 11:29 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

That marking right 

6D330637-D649-4C5A-88D0-862095D9BBF6.jpeg

On 6/17/2021 at 11:47 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Hahah read my mind I was just going to screenwrite a pic, yes I think that's the one they speak of because I believe that's at least a couple of inches down inside the bucket. 

I’m thinking the same thing since I’m almost at that mark and checked the weight it’s at 33.6 lbs saw that 5 gallons around 42 

• Like 2

In the hardware store buckets I use for making up food for my honeybees, the 5 gallon mark is all the way to the top. If I try and fill 5 one gallon jugs with from a bucket that is a couple of inches down from the top, this is what I get:

image.png.8a9273527e6a6dd1891631f1060ec380.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 8:13 AM, Schwack said:

My measuring bucket from Lowes calls the 5 gallon mark the third rib from the top. It ends up being ~2" away from full. I'd wager it varies by manufacturer and purpose.

Yeah the petco one is the same it’s the first tab on the top 

7E15152D-18F4-47C7-B1A8-CD432E045D9B.jpeg