Fluval 107 canister prefilter

FartGoblin77

I recently ordered a fluval 107 canister filter.  I would like to put a sponge on the intake, but I cant find anywhere what size the intake tube is on the fuval 107.  Does anyone happen to know which of the Co-op's sponges will work?   I could wait tell it gets here and measure it but I'm to impatient and needy. 😉

Thanks

fluval-107.jpg

I've got an Eheim Pre-filter on my Fluval 407, but I had to use a piece of tubing from my old Rena Filstar as a cut to size length adapter in between. Never toss old tubing, or hoses, or any other small parts of aquarium equipment, you'd be amazed how much use you'll get out of them sooner, or later. Not much fits over the original Fluval intake without leaving a gap at the top if you just take off the intake strainer you can get around that but it limits intake to just from the bottom unless you have an intake strainer from an old HOB, or like I from a variety of different previous canister filters to make things fit. Fluval considers the big sponge inserts on the side of the inside of the canister their pre-filter but if I wouldn't have my Eheim pre-filter most of my shrimp would be residing inside the canister. Besides it sure helps keep the sponges inside the canister cleaner in between maintenance, and reduces the flow to manageable speeds for my fish.

• Like 1