ACO Coarse Sponge Filters and Mystery Snails

Guppysnail

Guppies everywhere. I use a Betta bow 2.5 to grow my male guppy fry for a few extra weeks before taking to LFS. I separate as soon as I can tell with a magnifying glass usually 4 weeks to prevent further breeding. Both of my sorority tanks are full.  Local LFS has recently had a complete employee turnover. Their tanks went from pristine to frightening diseased mass dead fish, snail and shrimp graveyards. I cannot in good conscience take my babies there...good excuse for yet another tank...ROFL

I bought a cheap 10 gal and glass lid. Used 2 of my extra AQueon clip on plant grow lights. All the gravel decor plants etc and nano ACO coarse sponge from the 2.5. I pulled an extra medium from a tank I keep for pulling in case of hospital need.  I supplemented with gravel plants and such from other well established tanks. 

I decided to be brave based on all @Cory videos and only run ONLY sponges which I have never done. Always only supplement cans or hobs with sponges. So far zero issues stable never an off reading I’m a daily tester...retired bored love my tanks. Current stock males guppy fry 5 weeks and my breeding pair of clear gold iridescent honey Carmel spire bladder snails...they will produce quickly in a fry tank always do. 

The question after painfully long unnecessary explanation 

I would like to rehouse 2 magenta mystery snails both males to this new setup. Can the sponge filters medium and nano handle the load. I’m not experienced with not exporting the waste into hob or cans. Do I need to use larger I have another new unseasoned medium and a large ACO coarse

i have multiple extra hobs I could add if needed but I’m really interested to learn the sponge only thing.