Fins disintergrating

rosepeddler

I am at a loss. Water quality spot on, temp 78, excellent filtration, two air stones, calcium, salt,weekly water changes,etc. In the past two and a half weeks I have lost 8 guppies from my 29 gal tank. I treated once with melafix and lost 3 of the 8. My fry is unaffected. One Cory lost part of his dorsal and tail but growing back and doing well. Lost some beautiful fish. It does look like a fungal issue. The fins look as if they disintegrate.  Any suggestions. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, rosepeddler said:

I am at a loss. Water quality spot on, temp 78, excellent filtration, two air stones, calcium, salt,weekly water changes,etc. In the past two and a half weeks I have lost 8 guppies from my 29 gal tank. I treated once with melafix and lost 3 of the 8. My fry is unaffected. One Cory lost part of his dorsal and tail but growing back and doing well. Lost some beautiful fish. It does look like a fungal issue. The fins look as if they disintegrate.  Any suggestions. 

Correction: It does not look fungal.

Sorry to hear....

Can you upload a few photos?

It is sometimes hard to pinpoint where this sort issue finds its root cause. My usual issue, personally, is over feeding.

I do use API products. Once you can pinpoint the cause... maybe API Fin & Body might help. If it’s fungus, perhaps API Fungus Cure. But you want to be sure. Maricyn might treat external rot... 

20 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Sorry to hear....

Can you upload a few photos?

It is sometimes hard to pinpoint where this sort issue finds its root cause. My usual issue, personally, is over feeding.

I do use API products. Once you can pinpoint the cause... maybe API Fin & Body might help. If it’s fungus, perhaps API Fungus Cure. But you want to be sure. Maricyn might treat external rot... 

What are your water parameters