Okay y'all my tap water is pH 7 gh 300+ kh 40 A 0 ni 0 na 0, I'm raising guppies, Pilates and Molly's along with mystery snails. I've been wanting to raise my KH and crushed coral isn't available and I'm not comfortable using like alkaline buffers so I put some aragonite in a filter media bag and put it in some filters, it's raised one tank, my 55g to pH 7.8 -8 gh 300+ kh 120ish which is running a standard canister filter  with 1 bag inside instead of carbon pellets, will the aragonite eventually stop or is it just going to keep on raising the pH on up and up

3 hours ago, Dr.rex said:

Okay y'all my tap water is pH 7 gh 300+ kh 40 A 0 ni 0 na 0, I'm raising guppies, Pilates and Molly's along with mystery snails. I've been wanting to raise my KH and crushed coral isn't available and I'm not comfortable using like alkaline buffers so I put some aragonite in a filter media bag and put it in some filters, it's raised one tank, my 55g to pH 7.8 -8 gh 300+ kh 120ish which is running a standard canister filter  with 1 bag inside instead of carbon pellets, will the aragonite eventually stop or is it just going to keep on raising the pH on up and up

Have you checked your tap water after resting it for 48 hrs? I'm wondering if it changes at all once it rests. a pH rise from 7.8-8.0, and a KH rise from 40 to 120 is substantial. How well planted is your aquarium? How much is "some aragonite"? And what size of aquarium is this pertaining to?

10 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Have you checked your tap water after resting it for 48 hrs? I'm wondering if it changes at all once it rests. a pH rise from 7.8-8.0, and a KH rise from 40 to 120 is substantial. How well planted is your aquarium? How much is "some aragonite"? And what size of aquarium is this pertaining to?

27days since put in, 2lbs split in 2 filter bags inside a canister filter instead of my charcoal pellets, plants well not much using a sand bed so hornwort, water lettuce, frog bit, duck weed, tank 55g, and the tap results are after 48 hours,

IMG_20210509_224713.jpg