Yesterday my one betta gets dropsy, today my other betta eye is swollen bad. HELP.

JimmyBlaize

The blue betta, i noticed today had a really swollen eye, almost like a bubble. and yesterday my pink betta had a huge lump on it. Could this possibly be to changing different types of food? I usually feed blood worms, and sometimes brine shrimp, rarely omega super color flakes, but i have been out of blood worms, and have been feeding them planktin and fish flakes, and brine shrimp. also, there is baby mollies in this tank aswell in a fry net in the corner. thanks

Also, i used to have carbon and a black sponge in the back of my hang on the back filter, now i removed the carbon last week and shoved some bio media in there, could this have anything to do with it?

180095331_325245245610560_5093079744795553014_n.jpg

180257977_340618350821422_1210869503945987246_n.jpg

Edited by JimmyBlaize

I don't think it's food related it's caused by a bacterial infection can be caused by poor water quality or stress what are your water parameters  looking at how quickly it developed in your other fish I would treat with kanaplex and furan 2 together instead of maracyn

Edited by Colu

Bacterial infections seem highly likely, id use medication asap, erythromycin I know is usually pretty successful for pop eye however the dropsy i think would need one of the antibiotics specifically for internal infections which if memory serves is gram negative antibiotics, luckily I rarely need to use meds so I dont know it all like some other keepers