2 hours ago, Melissa Ann said:

I have baby German Blues!  😱😃😁😱

First time I’ve ever bred fish.    

Any help or advice welcomed PLEASE.   What do I do with them at this point?   Couldn’t find any Dean videos about this stage.

Here you go. Watch the videos in the following series. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you!!

• Thanks 1

@fishfolk - would it be harmful to move them to another container at this point?  Still keep in tank, but move that is?  I’m worried I’m not keeping the water clean enough.  I’m using a pipette to remove water but scared I’ll suck up a baby.  Lol

On 4/21/2021 at 8:18 PM, Melissa Ann said:

I have baby German Blues!  😱😃😁😱

First time I’ve ever bred fish.    

Any help or advice welcomed PLEASE.   What do I do with them at this point?   Couldn’t find any Dean videos about this stage.

I believe it is best to remove the fry (baby fish) to a separate tank just as soon as they become free swimming. Feed them baby brine shrimp or maybe a product called first bites, this is made for baby fish.

So this is a mix bag. Typically ram parents aren't that great so most people remove them at the egg or wriggler stage - however if you happen to have very good parents it is always easier to let the parents raise them. You could try leaving them with the parents the first few times and if it doesn't work out then remove them (parents will breed frequently). Rams need very small live food around 24 hours after the begin to swim. THe normal stage is after being wrigglers they will start to swim but not eat until their egg sack is exhausted after which they will need to be fed 4 or 5 times a day. The difficult part is that in this state they are extremely vulnerable and need very clean water (the advantage of leaving them in the large tank is the water quality tends ot be better. The normal sequence is to feed them live food and then 20 or 30 minutes later vacuum out the uneaten food before it decays as well as any dead frys (i use a turkery blaster and magnifying glass). As to what to feed them - they might be able to eat newly hatched bbs but they are really small and smaller food like vinegar eels tend to work better. After about 2 weeks you can switch to dry powder food like hiraki first bite, golden perals, and similar. 

-

Don't be too upset if it takes a few trys to get it right as rams frys are among the more difficult ot raise because of their extreme fragility.