Good day Birding

Fish Folk

• 4 weeks later...

Not exactly my best work, but this juvenile visitor came to my back yard late at dusk mistaking our finch feeders for the cold buffet and waited in vain for finches, or doves to waltz into his beak. He's got a lot to learn that young Red tailed Hawk. I had my camera set at too short a time value and too high an ISO and it was just my back up 6D.

IMG_8749ab-Edit1.jpg

IMG_8925ZZ-Edit1z.jpeg

IMG_8964a-Edit.jpeg

Edited by Jungle Fan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Patrick_G said:

@Jungle Fan haha, I have a few Sharp Shinned Hawks (maybe Cooper’s it’s hard to tell) that take the term “bird feeder” a little to literally! 

@Patrick_G  I share your pain, we've also already got recurring visitors we've actually named frequenting our bird feeders. They are:

Rupert, the American Kestrel, and Fizzboy, the Sharp Shinned Hawk, named after Foghorn Leghorn's sidekick of Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies fame. Although Rupert does not engage in criminal activities and concentrates on the mouse population.

IMG_5194-Edit1an-Edit.jpeg

IMG_5056ac-Edita_output_13x19a.jpg

• Like 1

He's our favorite because even though he keeps the finches from coming to the feeders when he is stalking mice, at least he doesn't leave us souvenirs, like little finch feet behind to painfully remind us that another one of our little feathered friends has gone to the big bird feeder in heaven.

• Like 1