Hello from Irmo S.C.  I just recently got started in the hobby. It all started because my wife ordered a moss ball. After she got it she put it in a container and realized she wanted a Beta to go with it. The next day I saw the glass container wasn't big enough to keep a fish happy. I went to Petsmart and bought the Top Fin 5 gallon aquarium and within a month I was hooked and started a 75 gallon. I just started this adventure a month ago and I found Aquarium Co-Op and KGTtropicals on youtube and they inspired me to go full in on this hobby. I am looking forward to learning a lot from this forum. Thank you in advance for the answers to the questions that I have. 

5g.jpg

75g.jpg

• Like 8

I have a Marineland canister filter and I just put an Aquarium Co-Op medium sponge filter that isn't in this picture. I dont have fish in the tank yet. Still waiting for it to cycle.

Edited by Adam W

Hi @Adam W, looks like you are off to a great start! It is always fun to hear about how others got started in the aquarium hobby. I got started when a local pet store owner was having a grand opening and he gave me a free 10 gallon aquarium, 10 years later and I have yet to stop haha what are your plans for stocking the 75 gallon? 

I haven’t completely figured out my exact fish for the 75g yet. I do plan on adding more plants, a couple of Amazon swords, Monte Carlo, and I would really like to find some banana plants. As for fish I definitely want rummy nose tetras, ottos, coreys, and I’m researching dwarf gouramis, fancy guppies, killifish, and maybe shrimp.