Are these GBR eggs viable?

BenB

My rams laid eggs last night. I pulled them and they are now in a little specimen container with some methylene blue and an air stone. They are hanging inside the aquarium so they stay the same temp as where they were laid. They usually eat the eggs so this is the first spawn I have pulled. I don’t know what I am doing. Thank you! 

72F72B00-3EAD-4500-AC6D-D772DF665171.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BenB said:

My rams laid eggs last night. I pulled them and they are now in a little specimen container with some methylene blue and an air stone. They are hanging inside the aquarium so they stay the same temp as where they were laid. They usually eat the eggs so this is the first spawn I have pulled. I don’t know what I am doing. Thank you! 

72F72B00-3EAD-4500-AC6D-D772DF665171.jpeg

Looking good! For a step-by-step how to from here forward, here's another thread with lots of videos. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

Photo below from last major batch we raised the way you're starting out. It's so worth it . . . you need to make sure you've got some finely powdered fry starter food, and know how to hatch live baby brine shrimp.

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 9.08.42 PM.png

Oh wow look at the color on those fins!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fishdude said:

Oh wow look at the color on those fins!

This one was 2nd generation in from a cross between a gold ram (female) and an electric blue ram (male). Below is the chart showing how the genetics broke down. I can explain more . . . the ram photo above was from the group in the lower right corner of the genetics tree. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 9.32.56 PM.png

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1