Faucet Advice

GoldenGardner

HI All! (I swear this has to do with my aquarium.) We've been redoing our bathroom, which is next to our aquarium's and the primary source for cleaning the tanks. We just discovered the faucet we're planning on using doesn't have the option to hook up my vacuum. The part in the middle of the faucet won't come out. So now we're trying to figure out what kinds of faucets would have that part the comes out so I can attach the vacuum up to it. But I don't know what that part is called so when I look on websites I can't tell if it has the option to pull that out or not. So what I would like to know is do you what that part is called and what to look for? This bathroom has been not nice for years and years, and we're trying to make it look nice and make it functional for the aquarium. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

I think these days that assembly is called the aerator.  I thought they all came off, though I admit I don't know how on most. 

This random video I picked shows and explains all "standard" formats for them.  I think python sells adapters for each style as long as you know what you have.

There are a few faucets that you can't remove the aerator. A stupid design, but smart on the company because then you will be forced to buy a whole new faucet instead of just cleaning or replacing the aerator. If you cant get the aerator off, there is an option, I use this on the sink in our master bathroom to fill my 93 gallon cube that is in my bedroom, because I didnt have an adapter to fit the threads correctly, so I just use this.

Amazon.com : Python Universal Adapter for Aquarium : Faucet Adapter : Pet Supplies

Make sure the faucet has enough height to get the Python on and off. Also bathroom sinks are usually fairly small and some sinks may not have overflow hole in them. I have overflowed a bathroom sink in the past because it couldn't drain fast enough to keep up. 

• Like 2