White Patches on Glass

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Do you have shrimp in the tank? It sort of looks like a shrimp molt.

No shrimp in the tank. Just the puffs. Leave it to this WERM to get something that no one can identify. It's just something stuck to the sides of the tank in small patches. 

27 minutes ago, Colu said:

I would just clean it off

I cleaned it off and it came back in other places so we'll see what happens. It's probably nothing to worry about unless it gets out of hand. Just curious about what I'm accidentally cultivating in this weird tank I have. 

If it fungus or mold general cure would have no effect I don't think it any thing to worry about it will probably go away on it own if have snails in the tank they might eat it

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jennifer V said:

@Colu @Daniel I have API gen cure on hand. Should I dose the tank just in case something is going on with the fish or the white stuff is affecting them? They don't seem to be in any distress. I'm the one who is worked up! 

I agree with @Colu, it usually is better to wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CT_ said:

maybe a slime mold.  does that happen in fish tanks?

Yes. I had a slime mold in my ten gallon quarantine tank. They feed on the biofilm on the glass then disappear after a few weeks. It's nothing to worry about or treat. They're kind of interesting to watch. I'd added some Cholla wood for my pleco a bit before that and I suspect that was the source of mine, but it's all gone now. It's actually pretty interesting stuff to watch.

• Like 1