125 gallon planted suggestions

DisturbedOne

Currently running a well established 125 gallon planted tank. Finnex 24/7 lights, 40 gallon sump for filtration, few large pieces of driftwood and a bunch of plants, mostly Vals, Crypts, Anubias, a Melon Sword, and various forms of Java Fern, as well as some Java Moss. Currently houses a mixed group of Rainbowfish, school of 15 or so Corys, 12 Otos, as well as a few Amano Shrimp and mixed snails. 

Looking to possibly change up the stocking and looking for different, interesting stocking ideas! 

First thought is a Fahaka Puffer, and breeding snails and Crays in the sump. I'm a puffer fanatic! Yes, I'd rehome all other fish.

Second thought is a massive group of Neocardinia Shrimp, along with a large school of Rummynose and a larger Centerpiece type fish.

Other options?

Thanx!

20210306_215757.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustang_eas said:

If your up for the long term, have the will, tank size, and food budget I'd say go for the puffer!!!!  A mbu is by far my dream aquatic pet,,,,, one day,,,, one day 🙂🐡

Mbu puffer get over two foot long  I think you would need I bigger tank   I would put I group a red fin hemiodus  and some bovlian rams they would go well with your Cory's and ottos

Screenshot_20210304-233105~2.png

Screenshot_20210309-014045~2.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1