Selling on Aquabid? Advice?

Fish Folk

Fish Folk, sorry this is not about this subject. 
I saw you reply to someone about using alternative stands. I was wondering about the stand you made that held 3 tanks. Is that 2x4’s only on the outside? I need to make a stand for a 40 tall and possibly a 20 under it, really liked the looks of yours. Thanks

7 hours ago, Don Sexton said:

Fish Folk, sorry this is not about this subject. 
I saw you reply to someone about using alternative stands. I was wondering about the stand you made that held 3 tanks. Is that 2x4’s only on the outside? I need to make a stand for a 40 tall and possibly a 20 under it, really liked the looks of yours. Thanks

I’ll send you a PM about it with photos. 

Shipping is a big issue right now. It frustrates those on both ends of the sale. The shipping firms are all a mess right now. I paid extra for two day shipping on a recent order and it's now day eight despite that. The seller is upset as his orders are all dying in the hands of the shipper and he'll have to refund the buyers. The buyers are upset at getting dead fish. It's not a good time to be shipping live stuff. If you do go ahead anyway, try to prepare the fish as much as humanly possible for spending up to ten days in shipping. That would mean a heavily insulated box, packing them with pure oxygen, including decent sized pieces of poly-filter material to help absorb waste, smaller numbers of fish in slightly more water. Double bagging at the very least, and maybe triple bagging. I would largely ignore heat or cold packs as they have limited effective use time (72 hours at most) and just insulate the heck out of the boxes to keep their temps stable. All of that costs you money though, but it may be necessary until shipping gets sorted out. 

• Thanks 1

I would add to the above, fast fish first. I know that in the case where my order was stuck in the mail for 10 days, the fish arrived skinny, hungry, and with minimal waste in the bag--they made it because the seller routinely fasts before shipping. Somewhere on this site I asked a question for shipping tips and got a bunch of youtube videos. I suspect you have seen those. What you want to know is more specifically about aquabid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1