Salt and dwarf gourami

starsman20

My dwarf gourami has a few little nicks in his scales plus he's getting fat eating before my other fish so I put him in quarentine. When I added the salt it was not all dissolved and it looks like he ate a small piece as it was falling through the water. Anything to be concerned about with him eating it? Im at 4 tbs per 10 gallons right now to try to heal him. Haven't fed for 2 days. Was thinking about feeding a pea tomorrow. Haven't seen any poo in the 3 days hes been in quarentine.

22 hours ago, Colu said:

I desolve aquarium salt in a jug before adding it to my tank with eating a small piece of salt I don't think you have anything to worry about

I did that. It just wasn't completely dissolved.  Hard for me to see the little clear crystals.  He seems to be OK for now,

I think this may be dwarf gourami iridovirus. I've quit feeding and now he's just hanging out at the bottom of the tank. Thought maybe a parasite but more and more i think its genetic. Its built up over a few months. If his scales start to expand I will have to euthanize him. I really like this particular fish too. 😪

3cf49690-906d-4402-9c45-c381cdbbf801.jpg