Cinder Block Stand For 55 and 75?

DigDug

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have cinder blocks that are slightly off after filling a tank?   I built a 10’ long stand to accommodate two 50s on top shelf and three 30s on lower shelf.   Lower left block shifted slightly by almost an inch on one corner (or I overlooked this pillar for a triple check). The other end of the block is relatively where it should be.  Should I be worried?

EF7CD3C0-5445-4297-BA44-D116407B2AF8.jpeg

On 10/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, JSP said:

Does anyone have cinder blocks that are slightly off after filling a tank?   I built a 10’ long stand to accommodate two 50s on top shelf and three 30s on lower shelf.   Lower left block shifted slightly by almost an inch on one corner (or I overlooked this pillar for a triple check). The other end of the block is relatively where it should be.  Should I be worried?

EF7CD3C0-5445-4297-BA44-D116407B2AF8.jpeg

OMG...THE HORROR😱

What most people dont know is having those blocks just a bit off like you have will cause the distributed weight to be off center.  By keeping it that way you are causing an imbalance.

In about a quadzillion years the Earth may spin off into the sun because of it.....Or maybe not🤷‍♂️

Yeah, the off center gravity thing had me a bit worried and after sleeping on it I decided to use the persuasion of a rubber mallet and all is aligned now….  The top shelf has a 50 gallon tub so I had the flexibility to lift and tap without any tub draining in garage.  Looks better anyhow and probably slightly more quake tolerant.