Egg Tumbler Testing

Wel-Don Tanks

18 hours ago, Wel-Don Tanks said:

Testing three different egg tumblers and methalyne blue in attempts for higher yields from my Egyptian Mouth Brooders eggs.

My guess is you will find that they all work  pretty much the same once set up with the correct flow for the eggs to tumble. The Ziss and Colbalt are virtually the same, I think one is just a re-brand of the other (there are different sizes of them). The one from amazon is easier to pop the top off and just drop the eggs into it. But the Ziss and Colbalt ones stand up by themselves outside of the tank which makes servicing pretty easy. It will be interesting what you come up with for your results after testing. I've only used mine for pleco eggs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dean’s Fishroom said:

My guess is you will find that they all work  pretty much the same once set up with the correct flow for the eggs to tumble. The Ziss and Colbalt are virtually the same, I think one is just a re-brand of the other (there are different sizes of them). The one from amazon is easier to pop the top off and just drop the eggs into it. But the Ziss and Colbalt ones stand up by themselves outside of the tank which makes servicing pretty easy. It will be interesting what you come up with for your results after testing. I've only used mine for pleco eggs.

Already I like the Ziss one the best but that was the most expensive one.