Will Chemipure Affect My Plant Growth

There isn't a lot of information available on this product. From their safety data sheet, it looks like a mix of carbon and a purigen/synthetic zeolite-type of material. 

So, I think that there's a good chance that it will absorb some nutrients.

I often think about this.  So let me  start by saying I am old school and don’t like change.  I have been using carbon in my tanks forever.  
So, I wonder all the time if my Carbon or Dechlorinator are removing the fertilizers I am putting in....  as for fertilizers I wait 24 hours after water changes to add.   I don’t know if this wait time is needed or not?

Good Luck 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m trying out the chemi green, mostly to pull out the Yanni discoloration from some new driftwood decorations. I did soak them 2 weeks prior to putting in the tank, but still made my water brownish. The chemi green has removed much of the discoloration, but not all. So I don’t think it’s as aggressive at pulling nutrients out of the water as chemi pure. Plants still seem to be thriving. Will update in a month. Using easy green monthly and root tabs

On 2/23/2021 at 3:57 AM, Brian said:

I often think about this.  So let me  start by saying I am old school and don’t like change.  I have been using carbon in my tanks forever.  
So, I wonder all the time if my Carbon or Dechlorinator are removing the fertilizers I am putting in....  as for fertilizers I wait 24 hours after water changes to add.   I don’t know if this wait time is needed or not?

Good Luck 

carbon will absorb stuff for a few days at most. you are probably just fine adding ferts a day or two after carbon. i am a carbon user myself, i just dont add ferts right after putting in fresh carbon.