@Cory please answer this question if you see it bc the wrong information could cost me alot of $$$. Anyone else, please only answer/ comment if you 100% know from experience  not just what you read somewhere.  So I have a new 75g. It has been up and running for about 3 months with a fx4  customized with 3 diffrent grades of foam plus the intake has aquarium  co op large pre-filter. It also has 2lbs of biohome ultimate and maybe 1 pound to 11/2 pounds Ceramic rings under the baskets as a sludge collector. I started to cycle it by adding enough safe start plus for a 20gal. Plus I put a few decorations  from other established aquariums I have. I did that when I first set it up 3 months ago. 1 month into the cycle I put a 2 in glo Tigerbarb in bc he was beating up his tank mates. He has been in by himself for another 2 months which totals the 3 months since I set it up and now brings us to present day. (Sorry so long I just want you to have all the information.) Now my question... I am about to order 20  juvenile all male peacock/haps of an assorted section from  livefish. Should I add all 20 at the same time or pay separate shipping and do 10 then a week later 10 more? I'm worried 20 at same time will end up with too much strain on the filter with such low seasond tank time. Thank you for your time and help16125451900414146452111762784610.jpg.47962d961c00855c89b849b9ce7c94f1.jpg

20 fish at once sounds like a lot. I'd be worried at that level. Depending on the size of the fish, I may be worried about 10 fish as well. If they are still small, probably ok. I think the key when adding new fish is to lightly feed at first to minimize waste buildup. @Tazawa Tanks released a video on setting up a cichlid aquarium in the past couple of weeks, and he outlined how he adds fish. I'd check that out. 

• Like 1

They are advertised at 2"-2 1/2" I remember listening to a podcast weeks ago (I believe it was cory but I could be wrong) whoever it was, they were saying maybe add 30 mbuna, a few die off, you rehome a couple super aggressive, then end up with a good #. I was thinking the same concept but with peacock/hap. I may even add the Oase canister b4 I get the fish and let it cycle for a little. Thanks for the insight. 

Can't comment on final number of fish, as I'm not familiar with cichlids. I've never kept them. My comment is more on how many you add at one time. I personally wouldn't add 20 at once, and would be very cautious adding 10 at once. If you do, I'd refrain from feeding for a few days, then feed very lightly, slowly increasing food to normal. After a week or so at normal, I think you'd be good to get the other half, following the same slow feeding ramp up. Are you going to quarantine? Or do med trio? If so, maybe time the second set at your 2nd dose of paracleanse and just do the full trio when they come in. 

You could do 20 and then does the amount of nitrifying bacteria to take care of it. You could also just do water changes to keep ammonia low.  Also does enough declorinator to keep ammonia low. Also remember that there in a conversion calc to determine how much dangerous ammonia is in a tank.   What are you going to do with 20 10" fish in a 75 though? 

We are looking to buy a house in the near future. Covid put a stop to us looking but the plan is to upgrade to a 7 ft tank during the move then use the 75 as an mbuna tank. I do have a 10g that I use as a hospital tank for my 3 other community tanks and I have already bought and recieved the med trio,(thanks co-op for the speedy delivery(to Pittsburgh in less then 48hrs) but the 75 will be without other fish so is there any benefit to not using the medtrio in the 75?