Fish Room/Office Journal

k8nabel

I'm excited to share the progress I'm making in expanding my fish room. At our old house I had a tank in almost every room, but I've downsized and am trying to keep the tanks I'm running on the smaller size so that I can house more species and am able to spend more time admiring them, rather than maintaining.

The 29 houses a school of neons, a small group of sterbai corys (5), as well as some otos and amanos. My goals for this tank are to really have the plants take off and have a more jungle look. I'm happy enough with the stocking and certainly don't want to be overstocked so I don't plan to add any more fish, though if I did I would add more of the same species. 

On the desk I have a 5 g marineland betta tank with a few mismatch shrimp. 

On the shelf is a 5 g fluval edge which currently only houses blue dream neocaridina shrimp. I plan to add a trio of clown kilis as soon as I am able to source them.

Next to the 5g is the 12 g edge, which I removed the top from and disregarded the base and back stand. It is currently empty and I am trying to decide what to house in it. Currently I'm toying with the idea of chilli rasboras, habrosus corys, and yellow rice shrimp. Alternatively, I've always wanted to keep CPDs but haven't thought through the rest of the stocking there. 

Finally, I have another 5 g edge that has a stand to the left of the sofa (out of frame). It is also empty, and I'm going to hold off on it for a while to really figure out what I want in there, lots of ideas, but just not settled on anything yet. 

I'm open to any and all feedback, especially constructive criticism! I'm hoping to continue keeping this space my little meditative haven.IMG_6463.jpg.4cda2469a123d4fc84a98725a31d2d0f.jpgIMG_6466.jpg.f984fe295d93da29449f5fbba44460ef.jpgIMG_6467.jpg.9481e6f77dd83216e94cce9524be6156.jpg

• Like 5

That’s a real nice setup you have going there! If I was you I’d look into adding some variety into the empty tanks: Go for fish which are a bit different to what you currently have. The 12G could be nice for some dwarf cichlids (Shellies,Apistos etc) or you could look into an African Dwarf Frog tank. They seem dope.

My only other real advice would be chuck some backgrounds on the tank. The plants/livestock will really pop.

It’s a sweet setup nonetheless 🙂

• Like 1