Add alkalinity

HisMineandOurs

A hardcore way is to use baking soda. But a softcore method using something like crushed coral is much more advisable.

Usually the very best way is not to try and adjust your pH at all. Changing your pH is like trying to change your personality. It make work temporarily but in the long run it rarely works.

If you have acidic water, my main concern would be that your KH is low, and that makes it susceptible to pH swings. Usually things that increase KH will also increase pH as a side effect, so low pH usually goes along with low KH. But if your KH is fine, then I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. 😊

The best way to raise Alkalinity is in a measurable and calculated way. I would buy some Potassium Carbonate (K2CO3). Using Baking Soda should be your last choice. Why? Because adding sodium has no real benefit to the tank. But Potassium does, if you have plants. I use https://rotalabutterfly.com/nutrient-calculator.php to make the calculation for me. But if your lazy like me, 2.5 grams of K2CO3 in 100 litres of water raises KH by 1 dKH. Using crushed coral is just guessing, hardly seems "stable" to me. Just raise it slowly, increments of .5 degrees every week would be just fine.