Can anyone help identify mysterious babies in my tank??

Tory

Video of mysterioius fry: 

Just noticed a few of these swimming around after I fed frozen brine shrimp to the tank. Could it be baby shrimp? They move like shrimp but they don't really look like them, and I've only had my shrimp for a couple weeks and no one looked pregnant. The only other things in the tank are kuhli loaches but they're juveniles and no sign of them making babies. The other option would be something hitchhiked on a plant from my LFS. But what on earth is it??

...I don't know, but that doesn't look to me like a baby kuhli. It looks too ridged and appears to cling on the glass at one point. 

To me it looks like some sort of nymph. 

Edited by MAC
Spelling
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MAC said:

...I don't know, but that doesn't look to me like a baby kuhli. It looks too ridged and appears to cling on the glass at one point. 

To me it looks like some sort of nymph. 

It's definitely rigid, the way they were moving really seemed like a shrimp but I've had several people in different groups say it's not shrimp. I can't find many pictures of really young kuhli fry to compare... I'm not sure how to figure out what it is lol

6 minutes ago, MAC said:

Do you see any legs or maybe a split feather like tail? You could try googling aquatic nymph images and see if anything looks similar. 

No visible legs but in one video I took it does definitely seem like it's holding on to the glass, no split feather tail - the whole body seems to be about the same shape just slightly bigger at the head and thinner at the tail. I will try googling that, thank you!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MAC said:

Hmm... interesting...it looks more like a fish of some kind in that picture. Fun mystery, you might just have to let em grow and see what they turn out. Keep us updated!

Yeah, Google isn't helping much 😓 I'll definitely update if/when I figure it out!

• Like 1