Anubias Nana Left in the Plastic Pot

I just ordered some Anubias Nana. I like the idea of just dropping it in an easy planter because I would like to move it around, but the easy planters don't really match the decor of my aquarium. Can I just leave it in the pot and bury the pot in the substrate up to the edge? If I need to attach it to a rock, would it work with my black Seiryu Stone? 

22 minutes ago, Colu said:

Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to rot

He's not talking about burying the rhizome, just the pot it is in. Usually the rhizome is exposed when it's in a pot. I would think it would work, but don't want to say it definitely since I've never tried it before.

• Like 1

If you keep it in the pot you'll likely cramp the rhizome. The rhizome grows longitudinally and the Anubias Nana spreads in that way. By keeping the rhizome in a pot you're not giving it anyplace to go. I've got a couple of foot long rafts of Anubias Nana Petite floating around in one of my tanks and it wouldn't be a foot long if it was in a pot. The rhizome needs to be free to grow. The pot would do no good for the plant, so off with the pot! (Unless you're planning to move it soon. Then move it and then off with the pot.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1