North Carolina

Taco Playz

So at summer time me and my family plan on going on a trip to North Carolina and we want to try to catch fish in the inlets and waterways. I was planning on setting back some money to try to get a big tank for freshwater wild caught sailfin mollies or something of that sort. Do you guys know what I should do and how to transport them to where I live. I was thinking about on getting a big bucket with a aquarium co-op sponge filter and air pump. How would I do that in a rent a car though without spilling water everywhere? Do you guys also know if there is any other types of cool fish I could fin in North Carolina? 

Thanks

Just now, Brian P said:

I think @Daniel is your man on all North Carolina fish things!

My list would include pygmy sunfish, blue barred sunfish, black banded sunfish, more kinds of darters than I can name, Heterandria formosa (the Least Killifish), half a dozen Fundulus type killifishes, and Gambusia. All of those could be found near the coast in freshwater ditches and streams and swamps.  I don't think I have ever seen mollies in North Carolina but I haven't done much brackish water collecting.

If I was transporting in a bucket I’d drill a hole just smaller than a inline or T air valve into the lid and then force the valve into the smaller hole. Once the valve is inserted just use a short piece of airline from the valve to the weighted air stone and then another piece of airline to the usb air pump. Very similar to what I do with my water storage containers, the T fitting works better for me in this application.

DC3BEC37-058C-4739-A1DA-6D8B6642599D.jpeg.5109fef07ef085bc3d04b05c744ef4ff.jpeg85B67B2F-5387-4393-9810-5DEB2807EC70.jpeg.8ec565d1c70cae12c645f7820afdccb8.jpeg