White worms that move really quick

Taco Playz

So I tried to get the best picture possible of these worms in my 29 gallon. I don’t even know how I got them in my tank nor what type they are. They look like Detruis worms but they move so quick it makes me think they are planaria. I have big ones and super small ones, any ideas of what they are, and what I can do to get rid of them.

Thanks,

Tacoplayz

EB909027-F66F-4061-984C-2A465CE5FF14.jpeg

Edited by Taco Playz

I’ll let others with more experience expand on the difference btw detritus worms and planeria but just regurgitating what I’ve read, planeria glide on the surface of the glass while detritus worms wiggle in the water column or the glass. Planeria have a pointed head and wider on one end than the other while detritus worms are uniform shape. I caught a video of what I believe is a detritus worm from my tank, but I didn’t realize that I can’t upload videos here. I’ll keep trying to get a good picture of one but so far none are turning out. I had a hard time seeing them in your picture too. 

if detritus worms, what I’ve heard to get rid of them is to gravel vac or see if you’re over feeding. 

Edited by SWilson

Yeh the camera won’t focus 

6 hours ago, SWilson said:

I’ll let others with more experience expand on the difference btw detritus worms and planeria but just regurgitating what I’ve read, planeria glide on the surface of the glass while detritus worms wiggle in the water column or the glass. Planeria have a pointed head and wider on one end than the other while detritus worms are uniform shape. I caught a video of what I believe is a detritus worm from my tank, but I didn’t realize that I can’t upload videos here. I’ll keep trying to get a good picture of one but so far none are turning out. I had a hard time seeing them in your picture too. 

if detritus worms, what I’ve heard to get rid of them is to gravel vac or see if you’re over feeding. 

I know I’m not over feeding because I just got the fish on Saturday and I barely feed them. Any other ideas?

You should be able to see the video I took here, just to the lower right of the anubias (big plant in the middle): 

3LvNMuKse1HwVZjJ0qoSIC8n6JDzWsswheDG0YPz
DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM

Quality is not as good as the video is when I view it on my phone, but you can see the lil guy squiggling.  Mine are all different sizes/lengths too.  From what I've read detritus worms are actually good for the aquarium, and indicate that an ecosystem is forming, but if you've got mass amounts that probably means something's out of whack.  You can find videos online of what mass amounts of detritus worms would look like.