Guy Bittersnaps the Hog!

Nancy Hsrper

Hello Fellow Fish Fans! 
Being. Goldfish fan (plebeian. I know) I have an established relatively new frameless tank.  I don’t know how many gallons it is.  (Horrors) I “rescued” four feeder fish from a giant chain store tank and they are beautiful and healthy. I recently added two algae eaters.  The nice salesperson told me I needed a tabs to feed them.  So I feed my fish with a pinch of tetra food and One pellet. Guy and Giacomo are now BIGGER snd I notice they peck at the pellet! No wonder they’ve grown! Ugg!  
Hrlp! Do I stop the pellet a day ?  Will the algae eaters be ok vacuuming my tank? 
geez! 
Thank you for any suggestions 

Fancy Nancy

5 minutes ago, Nancy Hsrper said:

Hello Fellow Fish Fans! 
Being. Goldfish fan (plebeian. I know) I have an established relatively new frameless tank.  I don’t know how many gallons it is.  (Horrors) I “rescued” four feeder fish from a giant chain store tank and they are beautiful and healthy. I recently added two algae eaters.  The nice salesperson told me I needed a tabs to feed them.  So I feed my fish with a pinch of tetra food and One pellet. Guy and Giacomo are now BIGGER snd I notice they peck at the pellet! No wonder they’ve grown! Ugg!  
Hrlp! Do I stop the pellet a day ?  Will the algae eaters be ok vacuuming my tank? 
geez! 
Thank you for any suggestions 

Fancy Nancy

are Guy and Giacomo the alage eaters? If so it wouldnt hurt if they nibbeld at the pellets. If you think your overfeeding then yeah stop the pellet for the day. The algae eaters will be fine.

Does this answer your question? If not can you re-phrase it for me?

Edited by James Black

Thank you, Mr. Black.  No, Guy snd Giacomo, Francois and Margo are all goldfish.  The two algae eaters are there but incognito.  Other than the goldfish increasing in size they are in good health.  I just worry the two algae eaters won’t have enough to eat if I stop the pellets.
I apologize for my lack of clarity.  

As for the tank size, you could measure the tank dimensions in centimeters. Once you find out the cubic centimeters, that is equivalent to mL, which you can then convert to gallons.

width in cm X length in cm X height in cm = total cubic cm = total mL

1000 mL = 1 liter = 0.264 gal

Or you can just take the mL to a site that converts it for you.

@Cory's video on goldfish suggests 20gal/goldfish plus at LEAST 10 gal/additional goldfish. For 4 goldfish, it comes to 50 gal. However, if the are common goldfish, those are going to be big fishies if fed well.

I cheat and google these dimensions equals how many gallons because I am bad at math. The goldfish are ok to nibble the algae food. Vegetation in their diet is good. I have never kept the algae eaters you have, but a couple times a week drop the sinking food in at night/evening. It'll give those lil fishies a fair chance and the goldies will still clean it up later. Keep an eye on them as they grow and see if you can identify the type of goldfish you have. Always fun to know. 😁 Good luck and hope it all works out! 

Big thank you to Potato fish, Kara, Colu and Maggie! 💕👍😃You all gave me such helpful and thoughtful advice.  

Im going to drop the pellet after I turn off the light at night.  

My tank is a 14 gallon tank.  It is 15” x 15” x 15”.   I have a huge “stacked stone” resin tower for them (and me!). Plus a vintage ceramic tiki hut.  I’m hoping this will cramp Guy and G’s style and growth for awhile but we’ll see.  
Thank you all so very much! 😃

074F36AC-D213-43FF-A3D8-2BBA99E3F2FD.jpeg