Nerite Snail Eggs

BM3

They do "go away" or something eventually eats them in my tanks--not totally sure which. As I have a large number of snails and a large number of tanks I have noticed that if you get all the female nerites out of a particular tank you can have an egg free tank. While I know people can sex them, I just "catch them in the act" I leave the males in my display tank and put the females in the grow out tanks where the eggs don't bother me as much.

• 2 months later...

they didn't bother me until I started posting videos of my tank, I don't really mind the snail eggs, but I did move away from nerites for now and moved to rams horns in my tanks, I love the color and the fact that they colonize, I still have about 4 or 5 nerite snails, but I heard they don't live very long so I wouldn't want to keep buying nerite snails every few years, I like that the rams horns population will always be there and that I can spread them to new tanks when I set up new tanks. Plus my goldfish eat most of the baby rams so they get nutrition that way.