Column Feeding Plants

Hello,

Besides duckweed (i cant get it to grow in this specific tank for some reason even though I only run sponge filters any tips to get it to grow would bre great) what are some water column feeding plants? My current 50 gallon is planted heavy with rooted plants but I dont have any water column feeding plants. (use to have hornwort and took it out and threw it away and now am kinda missing it... luckily i found one tiny stem and am trying to re cultivate it but it doesnt seem to like floating willy nilly around the tank). I had java moss in the tank but didnt like the look of it so i took it out and moved it to a more fitting tank and i also moved out the 12 moss balls which were in the tank) 

The tank has one rainbowshark, an infinite number of guppies, and ghost shrimp and some inherited bala sharks that i have to find something to do with ,(they are also seem to eat duckweed but wont control the guppy population) 

51 minutes ago, Marnol D said:

Thank you! Theres a local guy that gives guppy grass away for free here constantly ill look into it. I probably will also get some water sprite as ive been looking at it for awhile. 

Guppy grass is certainly one alternative.  Pearl weed is another option, if you can find some.  The only time I've seen it for sale in a store was at the one I sold it to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1