@JdogtrainerWhat does it look like when it comes out of the shell? It might not be aquatic. The eye stalks should be a good indicator.

I received a terrestrial snail in a plant order once. It looked very much like a bladder snail, but turned out is was an amber snail. It lived on top of the floating plants and some driftwood in my tank for several months before disappearing. It laid eggs so now I have several small ones that hang out on my tank.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, Aubrey said:

@JdogtrainerWhat does it look like when it comes out of the shell? It might not be aquatic. The eye stalks should be a good indicator.

I received a terrestrial snail in a plant order once. It looked very much like a bladder snail, but turned out is was an amber snail. It lived on top of the floating plants and some driftwood in my tank for several months before disappearing. It laid eggs so now I have several small ones that hang out on my tank.

I put it in the snail tank and haven't seen it since, but if I spot it I will keep your tips in mind. I'll try and update then

On 12/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, Aubrey said:

Here are the pics of it that I got tonight g

1212202144_HDR.jpg

1212202144.jpg

It is a Gyraulus snail. It would be difficult to tell exactly which species as there are so many. They are in the Ramshorn family, but are known for their flat side laying shells. Most common Gyraulus snails found in aquariums are only a few millimeters, but they do come in all sizes. 

Edited by Lynze
Autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jdogtrainerhmm the flatness of the shell in the first pictures reminded of snails I have seen on land, but after looking up Ramshorn snails I think it could be either Planorbis planorbis or Gyraulus albus.  I'm not an expert, so could be anything but that seems like a good direction for further research.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lynze said:

It is a Gyraulus snail. It would be difficult to tell exactly which species as there are so many. They are in the Ramshorn family, but are known for their flat side laying shells. Most common Gyraulus snails found in aquariums are only a few millimeters, but they do come in all sizes. 

Thank you! 🤗