Chili rasboras in a 15gal cube

Cjbear087

So I’ve just bought 8 chili rasboras to go along with my honey gourami and 5 guppies in my 15gallon Fluval Flex cube. There has been some differing opinions on this but some people are telling me that the chilis shouldn’t be kept in this size tank because even though it’s 15 gallons, it has the same footprint as a 5 gallon tank because it’s a cube. Now me personally I don’t see the problem, but a few people think differently. Most of the stuff online also says it’s fine but I’m not really sure. Same situation with the guppies. What do you guys think?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I have about a dozen chilis in a 14 G tank and would like to end up with about double that.  I only have pygmy cories, shrimp, and small snails in that tank for other fish so they are the main feature fish and I want a bigger shoal.  I think they are absolutely fine to have the mix and numbers on your list.

I also have chilis in my 100 G, mostly nanofish and bottom fish tank and I need to get at least 4 times as many of them in there for them to be noticed by anybody but me.  😂  I’d like to get up around 50-60 chilis in there eventually for more visual impact from them.  They tend to group in each end and if I get numbers up higher I’m hoping they will start grouping together instead of 2 mostly separate, smaller groups.

• Love 2

On 9/3/2024 at 4:41 PM, Cjbear087 said:

Same situation with the guppies. What do you guys think?

I'm working on the guppy end in the flex 15. But just lost my females, so restarting. My guppies are going to be in a single type tank. so, nothing else in there.  I don't think that's an issue. If platys can go in a 20. guppies can go in a 15. Chili's are so small they can almost go 2 fish per gallon and have no problems. In fact, less than that they won't really stand out.

Edited by Tony s