New style outdoor suspended tank

On 6/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, lefty o said:

the problem with a tank like that is the fish poop will be on the bottom where you are trying to look through. 

I think they are using it as a swimming pool. Pretty strange looking.

• Like 1

would make for a relatively interesting saltwater tank. something that had high flow to keep it cleaner and a ton of colorful saltwater fish schools

And.... no. I will absolutely not be swimming in a tank raised that high off the ground. especially with a see through bottom. 🤣

On 6/10/2024 at 6:37 PM, Tony s said:

And.... no. I will absolutely not be swimming in a tank raised that high off the ground. especially with a see through bottom. 🤣

So I guess you wouldn't swim in London's Sky Pool, either?

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/sky-pool-embassy-gardens-london/index.html

spacer.png

Edited by Rube_Goldfish
Added photo
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2024 at 6:33 PM, Tony s said:

I have a hard enough time with the high touristy walking bridges. like the one they have in Gatlinburg

image.jpeg.7a6c4dfd876cb6c9bc811af3e2b65624.jpeg

no way in hell you'd get me on that bridge. no way, no how, not gonna happen. ive walked out on yard arms on warships, and other stuff like that, but have a terrible fear .

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2024 at 7:42 PM, lefty o said:

but have a terrible fear

Ya. Me too. Once was going to take a forestry class. To pass you had to go 50’ up and then 50’ out. I dropped it the next day 😂

For me it’s weird. I can climb trees and do rafter work. But as soon as the roof sheeting is up. I’m out 🤣

On 6/10/2024 at 6:57 PM, Tony s said:

Ya. Me too. Once was going to take a forestry class. To pass you had to go 50’ up and then 50’ out. I dropped it the next day 😂

For me it’s weird. I can climb trees and do rafter work. But as soon as the roof sheeting is up. I’m out 🤣

i can do it if i must, but its slow moving......😲

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 7:25 PM, Rube_Goldfish said:

So I guess you wouldn't swim in London's Sky Pool, either?

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/sky-pool-embassy-gardens-london/index.html

spacer.png

I would not hesitate to use the pool, but skinny dipping would definitely be out of the question.

On 6/10/2024 at 7:57 PM, Tony s said:

I've been a roofer, skydiver and a rock climber.  When the opportunity presented itself, I climbed one of those transmission towers before the wires were installed.  For some weird reason, risk management mode kicked in 10 feet short of the top, and I couldn't finish.

• Haha 2

On 6/12/2024 at 11:12 AM, Tanked said:

For some weird reason, risk management mode kicked in 10 feet short of the top, and I couldn't finish.

Ya. It’s getting worse as I get older. Used to not be so bad. Last month I climbed a feed bin to fix its rope. It wobbled. I was frozen in place for 10 minutes. It’s only 18 feet tall 😂

And you’re up there trying to figure out why the heck you can’t move. Stupid brain 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love the marine tank idea. Open water setup, maybe some floating buoys or the like for shelter. I love the razor-thin silvery fish in public aquariums, that virtually disappear when you see them head-on or top-down.