I need major advise and direction please

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!Β  This forum has helped me more in 24 hours than in 4 months of reading, watching and waiting. I will definitely be sticking around! I want to be all of you when I grow up 😁!Β  I'll check back when I've made some progress πŸ’―.Β  Again, thank you very much! 🌟🌟🌟

• Like 2

Keep us updated.

And no .....a "cycled" filter is not necessarily a filter that has been running a given period of time.

If you set up a tank and leave it for 10 years, without ever introducing a source to produce ammonia (and in-turn...grow good bacteria), then it would not be a cycled filter/tank. In your case, this doesn't apply, because you have a fish that is fed and produces waste. Ammonia will be produced, and in-turn, good bacteria should grow. But that is also why I would expect to see some degree of nitrates by now.

• Thanks 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!Β  This forum has helped me more in 24 hours than in 4 months of reading, watching and waiting. I will definitely be sticking around! I want to be all of you when I grow up 😁!Β  I'll check back when I've made some progress πŸ’―.Β  Again, thank you very much! 🌟🌟🌟

quikv6, now that makes sense to me, thank you so much for your help! Goomba says thank you too! I appreciate all of you taking the time to educate me. You have explained things perfectly! Have a blessed week and know I am always open for instruction and direction! What a fantastic forum! I am grateful πŸͺ»

On 6/5/2024 at 7:35 PM, Kymmie said:

Please please help me you brilliant all knowing fish experts. I set up my new tank 4 months ago. I knew nothing about "cycling" your tank. That was the first and only time my eater has been clear. I have watched numerous videos and read multiple articles what a tank requires and my water is still cloudy. I have used multiple different products (not all at the same time) to get the water in my tank happy. I've even let it be for a month to see if that would cause a water correction.  I have a mechanical filter with floss filter, the round ceramic filters, charcoal filters. I've allowed for the filter to get gross to help the cycle....... I test everyday because I am afraid for my fish's health and wellbeing because my water is constantly cloudy. All of the tests have been in the normal parameters except I have never seen a change in the nitrate level. My fish eats like a champ and appears healthy. I do not overfeeding. I feed Goomba 1 pellet at a time so that's not an issue. I am at my wits end. I want to enjoy a clear beautiful tank were I can see my Goomba swimming around happily. I feel I have tried everything.  Please help me. Thank you all 😊

UPDATE: I received my API testing kit today and here are the results. The second photo it water in a glass with a white paper towel piece taped to the back of the glass (I don't have any white dishware). Thank you!Β 

20240607_171312.jpg

20240607_171211.jpg

@Kymmie

Ignore all testing other than ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate at this point.Β  And don't be surprised if the test strips you have do not work at all.

Do you have a store nearby that could test your water?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jwcalson I don't. It's weird how my liquid testing for ammonia; nitrites and nitrates all came up negative per my new API testing kit. Thank you for your response! 🌟

Follow the instructions to a T on all the test. When testing the nitrAtes you need to shake that # 2 bottle for at least 1 minute even longer if it is cold. It separates while sitting and does not mix very well and use a timer. If you think you miss counted one (full) drop start over. Just my 2$ ( inflation)πŸ˜‰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2024 at 4:24 PM, Kymmie said:

You can have your water parameters tested at your lfs. Also suggest feed lightly for now.Β 

• Thanks 1

Thank you!!Β  I won't and don't use our town's water for my tank. U

On 6/5/2024 at 7:35 PM, Kymmie said:

Please please help me you brilliant all knowing fish experts. I set up my new tank 4 months ago. I knew nothing about "cycling" your tank. That was the first and only time my eater has been clear. I have watched numerous videos and read multiple articles what a tank requires and my water is still cloudy. I have used multiple different products (not all at the same time) to get the water in my tank happy. I've even let it be for a month to see if that would cause a water correction.  I have a mechanical filter with floss filter, the round ceramic filters, charcoal filters. I've allowed for the filter to get gross to help the cycle....... I test everyday because I am afraid for my fish's health and wellbeing because my water is constantly cloudy. All of the tests have been in the normal parameters except I have never seen a change in the nitrate level. My fish eats like a champ and appears healthy. I do not overfeeding. I feed Goomba 1 pellet at a time so that's not an issue. I am at my wits end. I want to enjoy a clear beautiful tank were I can see my Goomba swimming around happily. I feel I have tried everything.  Please help me. Thank you all 😊

ranium was mined 2 miles outside of town. I use the 5 gallon water that's delivered to my door. At times, our town water comes out brown and stinks of sulfer.Β  πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 6:41 PM, Kymmie said:

Thank you!!Β  I won't and don't use our town's water for my tank. U

ranium was mined 2 miles outside of town. I use the 5 gallon water that's delivered to my door. At times, our town water comes out brown and stinks of sulfer.Β  πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

My well used to smell when I first bought the place, I know that smell very much.Β  My parents place has it also, ours just isn't colorful.Β  Maybe you can get a whole house system down the road?

• Thanks 1