Whitecloud09's 20g long aquarium journal

On 8/3/2024 at 9:05 PM, JS Fish said:

I think elaphant stone or large river rocks would look great in this beautiful scape.

Looks like the plants and fish are doing well too!

Thanks for the update @Whitecloud09

Hope you get better soon!

Thanks for the reply! I will look into it soon!!! And yes I hope so too, thank you @JS Fish 😊.

On 8/8/2024 at 7:32 PM, Tony s said:

Yay! They are just so fun to watch, aren’t they!

Oh yeah, for sure! I watch them for at least 30 mins every day if I can and have time! Last Thursday I watched them for 1 whole hour… yeah they are fun to watch!!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜. Might be my new fish fav. Love them sooo much. @Tony s. Thank you for suggesting them!

On 8/8/2024 at 8:34 PM, Tony s said:

Give them a couple of weeks, then add 4 more. 😁

Well, one just died……

It was sideways, kinda turned over, didn’t move, and eyes were huge….. I disposed of it but this is very sad for me…..

It was one that I THOUGHT might have a issue, and was gonna ask colu, but today around 10:15, went into the room, and it was all laced up, clamped fin, and sideways. πŸ˜” so sad. Idk what happened! Ammonia, barely above 0. But I mean BARELY, was planning on a change today. (Wc) burn then this happened. Nitrite 0 too. 😭😭😭😭

• Sad 3

Sorry to hear about that.

I think, unfortunately, that's part of the process. They're not meant to be in little glass boxes. It takes a bit to get them settled. As long as you stay on top of your water conditions. Everything else is up to them. We just try to give them the best we can do. They're still animals and have frailties like everything else. After they've been there for a bit, they should be fine, but it's the settling in process that takes a toll

I lose animals that way. Fish and lots of others. Unfortunately, I've been around animal and death my whole life. We used to raise and clean animals for our own food when I was young. Guys around here still do. And hunt. I just can't do that. Makes me a bit of an oddball around here. I've hunted twice and watched 2 small animals die at my hands. I won't own a gun again.

But anyway. as long as you know you've done your best, it's all you can do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2024 at 10:56 AM, Tony s said:

Sorry to hear about that.

I think, unfortunately, that's part of the process. They're not meant to be in little glass boxes. It takes a bit to get them settled. As long as you stay on top of your water conditions. Everything else is up to them. We just try to give them the best we can do. They're still animals and have frailties like everything else. After they've been there for a bit, they should be fine, but it's the settling in process that takes a toll

I lose animals that way. Fish and lots of others. Unfortunately, I've been around animal and death my whole life. We used to raise and clean animals for our own food when I was young. Guys around here still do. And hunt. I just can't do that. Makes me a bit of an oddball around here. I've hunted twice and watched 2 small animals die at my hands. I won't own a gun again.

But anyway. as long as you know you've done your best, it's all you can do

Yes I guees so, oh well. I hunt, but only for deer nest for saving money for us. It is much better than store meat, but like shooting a bird, I just can’t! Idk why, but it makes me so sad. I am going to a 20% wc in a few mins. And make sure all parameters are ship shape. Thanks Tony, it is sad but I guess all animals go through this. Just has to happen. Cursed world, sickness and illness. No way around it. Thanks twice.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:34 PM, Tony s said:

Give them a couple of weeks, then add 4 more. 😁

Jason said on a stream when I asked him, wednesdays stream, he said add only about 2 more, what do you think? I am not gonna add any any time soon but yeah.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 10:59 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

Jason said on a stream when I asked him, wednesdays stream, he said add only about 2 more

I heard that. didn't realize that was you. Only add the 2, well 3 now.Β πŸ˜ͺ

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 5:01 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

I am a member

Yeah, me too. 57buckets. But I mostly lurk

But... If you watch The Small Scape, Joanna put my daughter in for a few seconds. Right after Prism bettas. Hannah Made a new friend. She's so good at that. Every 5 minutes at aquashella. Can we go back to prime-time and say hi 🀣 She also made a friend in Dustin. She won his kids aqua-scaping contest. Got a new Fluval Chi tank and we bought a betta from Prism to go in it. 

• Love 2

On 8/16/2024 at 5:17 PM, Tony s said:

Yeah, me too. 57buckets. But I mostly lurk

But... If you watch The Small Scape, Joanna put my daughter in for a few seconds. Right after Prism bettas. Hannah Made a new friend. She's so good at that. Every 5 minutes at aquashella. Can we go back to prime-time and say hi 🀣 She also made a friend in Dustin. She won his kids aqua-scaping contest. Got a new Fluval Chi tank and we bought a betta from Prism to go in it. 

Oh wow that is so cute and cool! Awesome about the new tank too @Tony s!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2024 at 5:19 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Awesome about the new tank too

That was all her. She did a great job and that was a great weekend. Was also there when Rob and Jason did the mechanical fish riding ( by pure luck). He's right, he may have lasted 3 seconds. But he was on the way down as soon as it started 🀣

They seem to be great people. Just as you would hope they were. a lot like what you see in their videos

On 8/16/2024 at 5:33 PM, Shiba said:

What video was that?

Right after the bettas from Prism. Right at 6 minute mark. We adopted her at birth. Been such a blessing to us

Β 

• Love 2

On 8/19/2024 at 4:08 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Do you agree?Β 

Yeah, i think that's right. clean your glass and then substrate, water change, then when the water clears, do the sponge. That way it can get everything leftover from the water change. Or, if you're doing a very deep water change. You can do it before the change. But I'm talking like a 75% change. not sure you do any of those

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 4:37 PM, Tony s said:

Yeah, i think that's right. clean your glass and then substrate, water change, then when the water clears, do the sponge. That way it can get everything leftover from the water change. Or, if you're doing a very deep water change. You can do it before the change. But I'm talking like a 75% change. not sure you do any of those

Sometimes I do 80% changes. Rare though, thank you! I just fed my pandas and WCMMs some frozen bloodworms 😁 they loved em

• Love 1