I need help to identify critters.

Flavoi1

Hey yall o/
I just bought my first tank and set it up two days ago.
I'm very pleased with it and can't wait until I can add some fish and shrimps.

Today I noticed two spots on the lilaeopsis that have some sort of eggs on them.
Can someone help me to identify the critters? Just in case I should remove them before they hatch...

IMG_20201122_153924.jpg

IMG_20201122_195937.jpg

IMG_20201122_154005.jpg

Edited by Flavoi1

17 minutes ago, Flavoi1 said:

Should I let them be even If I don't know what type of snail it is or would it be better to remove the eggs?

Well, there is about a 90% chance they are pond or bladder snails. You should consider whether you want those in your tank, and act accordingly. You COULD take them out, put them in a jar of water with a little lettuce, and let them hatch. Then you can decide if you like them as they get big enough to identify. However, one warning--if you hope to raise an egg scattering fish, they may eat the eggs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brandy said:

Well, there is about a 90% chance they are pond or bladder snails. You should consider whether you want those in your tank, and act accordingly. You COULD take them out, put them in a jar of water with a little lettuce, and let them hatch. Then you can decide if you like them as they get big enough to identify. However, one warning--if you hope to raise an egg scattering fish, they may eat the eggs.

Thanks 🙂 that's a great idea!
I was thinking about buying a few ramshorn snails or so but maybe I got some nice free snails already.