Fairy garden Pea Puffs

My partner wanted to start their own tank and naturally gravitated towards pea puffs. So here is the tank getting ready to be setup I still need to paint the stand white to go with the rest of the furniture so the tank looks dirty from the dirt/fluval stratum mix that was put in.

The cherub is a resin bust planter. When my partner gets back from their travels we will be picking out plants and what else to put in here to provide activity for the pea puffs.

tank is a aquatop 12g high that was going to house isopods but after several failed attempts I gave up and moved that project to the 12g bookcase tank that used to house gobes. Filter is a shiruba canister and the light is I believe a hygger plant light w/moon setting.

More to come! And also if the diction in this journal changes it is because my partner may commandeer it. ☺️ 

IMG_4210.jpeg.068fa62efa34e743c351a4f65edb652e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 4/22/2024 at 6:29 AM, Guppysnail said:

I think a cherub is the perfect pea tank decor.  Looking forward to seeing the tank come alive. 

Because it’s such a perfect fit with their cuteness and such a nice contrast with their behavior!  😆 

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

It stalled for a bit as life got rather busy but it’s coming along we are slowly gathering bright colored caves for the wee ones 

And probably after the holiday week we will be buying some plants. Leaning towards cabomba or elodea with maybe dwarf chain sword in the foreground 

IMG_4440.jpeg.200e8895df7ede5b504e25bdd2ef7e5f.jpeg

Edited by Biotope Biologist
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

It’s been *checks watch* 👀 a minute….

We had some pressing family matters to take care of so all projects were put on pause but now we are back. We now have a furry daughter. My partners collegiate pet has made the journey to the north, to which she will bravely face the cold of winter for the first time in her kitty life. Her days of hunting lizards unceremoniously stolen from her.

IMG_4135.jpeg.be5b99a1350ebd7b369c0e1d2d1830a5.jpeg

So naturally most of our attention and resources were dedicated to her and making her as comfortable and spoiled as possible.

Since then the fairy garden was sacrificed and will henceforth be a fairy mermaid princess garden (tm). We bought an amazon sword and a tiger lily in a bulb. I switched tanks with the terrarium…. Again. Next weekend we are heading up to Seattle and will be buying more plants at ACO.

IMG_4531.jpeg.481de84f3045440c401708045987d20c.jpeg

In a week or two the snails and shrimplets will migrate from my parent tank over to start colonizing this new world. Unbeknownst to them they will be fodder for the murder beans.

I think the goal is to stock with kuhli loaches and murder beans. Ideally a school of beans who have been socialized together. I don’t want any bullies to emerge.

• Love 1